How do you feel about the graffiti in your neighborhood? Is there a place for it in DC? What is your impression of the people who illegally tag? How would you like to see graffiti handled? Join MuralsDC as it launches its 2011 program with an engaging look at the culture of graffiti and discussion
How do you feel about the graffiti in your neighborhood? Is there a place for it in DC? What is your impression of the people who illegally tag? How would you like to see graffiti handled?
Join MuralsDC as it launches its 2011 program with an engaging look at the culture of graffiti and discussion with people involved on all sides—former taggers, artists, agencies who clean graffiti, and those who fund public art.
Help us achieve a better understanding of graffiti and what we can do to achieve solutions that LAST.
Cory Stowers, Co-Owner of Art Under Pressure, WBL Art Director, Writer
Nancee Lyons, Department of Public Works,
Philippa P.B. Hughes, Chief Creative Contrarian, The Pink Line Project, www.pinklineproject.com
Tim Conlon, Writer, http://www.conoperative.com
Saaret Yoseph, Director/ Producer of The Red Line D.C. Project, www.redlinedc.wordpress.com
- Call for Graffiti & Aerosol Mural Artists – 2013 MuralsDC Program
- First Person Singular: Aniekan Udofia, 36, Washington, artist. Robin Rose Parker, The Washington Post
- Press Release: Mayor Vincent C. Gray, Councilmember Jim Graham Celebrate the End of MuralsDC
- MuralsDC in the News!
- Update: Ben’s Chili Bowl
The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) is looking for mural sites in chronically tagged areas of the city to be considered as part of its MuralsDC program for the spring and summer of 2013.
Consider Nominating a Property in Your Neighborhood Today!!!
Click the download button above for more information regarding nominating a property.
- 10th Anniversary Party! RSVP to “Philanthrobeat” the Soulquarians Edition! Playing hits like @common http://t.co/IcZvUQgS...
- 2013 kicks off the 8th year of Decipher Radio! Follow us on twitter @DecipherRadio @WordsBeatsLife Jan. 31st lets celebrate at @livnightclub
- Join WBL Jan. 31st to celebrate our 11th year anniversary! The Diamond Cutter DJ’s @djrbi @dj2tonejones will be spinning ! @livnightclub
- Check out "Breakfast of Champions (4th annual)" http://t.co/xbUoanTy via @eventbrite
- vote for pink line project TODAY before NOON. .they have always supported WBL http://t.co/eekgYrM1
- RT @ritrovai: My story from DCMud DC - City of Painted Walls http://t.co/wR77TnxF on tour with @MuralsDCProject @BicycleSPACE &...
- RT @themonkeywagon: Thanks to @MuralsDCProject for leading a tour of Murals @BicycleSPACE... we put together a video:...
- RT @motus_compos: Look what I found in today's @washingtonpost #express? Whad up @WordsBeatsLife & @MuralsDCProject, that's a #goodlook...
- RT @messay: @MuralsDCProject - On the street @benschilibowl w/Aniekan Udofia http://t.co/KKaHso4o #streetamatic #streetart #photography...
- RT @misschelove: rainbow roll call @MuralsDCProject http://t.co/oNGbC5BK
- the Artists that do this work continue to amaze and inspire. . http://t.co/p0VXmo0G
- This was an amazing year for public art in DC. . have a look at three murals in production http://t.co/88AcBpLY
- if you did not get to come out to dance place to see our newest mural in production have a look at this footage... http://t.co/57zEuht5
- Anybody check out the new Mural? http://t.co/KL6ygXsQ
- Were posting new photos of the Mural soon, visit the site! http://t.co/bOiJP6ZQ